* Germination: 7-21 days
* Height: 90 - 120cm"
* Beautiful large, spiky 'cactus' blooms in a range of the most electric colours. The large flowers have quilled and curved petals, which are elegantly rolled with pointed tips. Many are fully double and mostly true to type.
* Sow 6mm deep in a good seed compost. Keep soil damp but not wet, sealing in a polythene bag after sowing is helpful. Do not exclude light, as this helps germination.
* When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant and grow on in cooler conditions. Planting 30cm (12in) apart in a sunny spot on any good moisture retentive soil.
* Water well in hot season, Dahlia do not like dry conditions. Feed weekly during the growing season and dead head regularly. Plants are sturdy but may need some support in exposed situations.
* Grow in full sun to part shade