* Height: 45-60cm, easy to grow.
* One of the most popular herbs, it is now cultivated in all temperate climates throughout the world.
* Genovese basil is one of the best because it yields 7 to 8 cuttings and makes the best pesto.
How to grow:
* Sow on the surface of a good free draining, damp seed compost.
* Loves full-sun and regular water. It is easily grown in a small pot and can be grown indoors on a sunny windowsill. Pinch it back early and often to encourage bushiness. Do not let it flower unless you want to let it set seed as this destroys the flavor and shortens the lifespan of the plant.
* Basil tea is also good for stomach cramps and vomiting.